Website State Street
Free Job Alert/Private Jobs
Free Job Alert-Core Operations, Associate 2-State Street
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world’s leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.40 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,420 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street’s website at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristic.
Purpose of the Job
As a Bank Loan , Associate, the ideal candidate will support and assist Client Operations and other operational Shared Service teams/ Center of Excellence (COE’s) by monitoring and processing custody related events to the fund’s records accurately and timely. Ensure prompt follow up on exception situations and facilitate timely problem resolution to mitigate risk to the corporation and deliver excellent service to clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs daily maintenance and record keeping for Syndicated Bank Loans held in various Mutual Fund and other Structured portfolios for various SSC clients
- Processing trades, booking receipts and disbursements
- Daily reconciliation of cash balances
- Producing daily roll-forward proof of portfolio holdings and accrual information
- Preparing standard and ad hoc reporting for both internal and external customers
- Responding to customer queries on a daily basis
- Daily processing of bank loan notices as received from agent banks,
- Interact with the Investment Manager on their assigned portfolios, inputting/settling trades, performing ad hoc requests and providing daily reporting per client specific guidelines
- The individual will work closely with their mutual fund counterpart, providing Loan related reports to be incorporated into the final NAV Calculation.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Research and resolve exceptions and issues
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with client when necessary
- Define and ensure successful completion of ad-hoc requests
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Perform daily or weekly reporting functions for the team’s activities
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Keep up to date on broader internal/external business issues; applies knowledge across team
- Assist management in the implementation of new policies and procedures, participates in projects
- Assist with workflow management and technology enhancements., make suggestions to streamline operations
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Support training of new hires as necessary
- Other tasks as needed.
Mandatory Process Skills Sets:
- Fund Accounting
- Transaction Processing & Management
Mandatory Soft & Technical Skill Sets:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting, finance, mutual fund operations, loan servicing or related careers (preferred).
To apply for this job please visit careers.statestreet.com.