Website FIS Global
Free Job Alert/Private Jobs
Free Job Alert-Client Server Operations-FIS Global
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Client Server Operations :: 1 to 3 years :: SJR, Bangalore :: 24/7 Shift
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Provide level 1 and level 1.5 support for client-facing systems and applications servers- windows, UNIX, Linux and internet applications with the help of proactive monitoring set up.
What you will be doing
- Performs monitoring and operational management functions for associated hardware and software within 24×7 processing environment.
- Recognizes abnormal processing conditions and makes appropriate response decisions.
- Follows escalation procedures when appropriate to resolve errors in a timely manner.
- Makes use of available documentation to resolve errors, identifies and implements documentation gaps with the help of leads.
- Works closely with leads in bringing process stabilization and enhancement by working on alert
- Recognizes and implements/automates process enhancements.
- Monitors and responds accordingly to an array of system and application generated messages.
- Responds in a timely manner to questions and requests from incoming calls and incident tickets.
- Proactively maintains contact with clients and serves as client advocate to internal organizations.
- Analyzes problems/trends with client systems and applications and takes steps to avoid recurrence.
- Works on internal and external projects of various sizes, complexity.
- Contributes to existing and develops new solution approaches to the IT environment.
What you bring:
- Demonstrated knowledge of FIS products and services, financial services industry and open systems operating systems.
- Knowledge of clients objectives/business priorities and FIS role in achieving
- Working knowledge on Zena scheduling tools and good at using job aids during abends.
- Working knowledge on event monitoring tools such as Omnibus, Zenoss.
- Knowledge of ITSM tools such as SNOW and CMS.
- Knowledge of Card and Check monitoring using either inhouse or external tools.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to multi-task, deal with predefined deadlines
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
What we offer you:
- A range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multi-faceted job with a broad spectrum of responsibilities
- A modern international work environment and a dedicated and innovative team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fisglobal.com.